A month has passed. Yesterday we wrote about the recent RUST update, in a separate post – so today, let’s focus on what have changed on RustyRock.
New server rules came to life yesterday, with the beginning of March. We encourage everyone to check them out (http://rules.rustyrock.eu) and remind all our players that playing on our server means accepting them in full.
This month, wipe and server start after RUST update was delayed by a day – we encountered some technical issues during server restart, related to its Linux software. Thanks to that, our wednesday night was spent on looking for the cause – that in the end was found and resolved at around 3AM.
Server started up at around 6:45PM today. Along with the wipe, we’ve changed the map for a new, larger one (4000 -> 4500). We also reset ZLevels that we now plan to clear every once in a while. We’re not sure yet if it’s going to be every one, two or three months – time will tell.
Along with the update, we enabled new feature that came with the latest RUST patch: scientists now spawn near two types of junkpiles, on RustyRock with a 20% chance. Scientists in general definitely work better than a month ago. Then enchance the gameplay, even though they have a tendency to shoot wildlife like crazy. We’ll see if there’s anything we can do about it.
Starting from now on, we introduce the rule of two wipes per month. The first wipe will take place on the first Wednesday of the month, along with the RUST update and it’s always going to be a full wipe – so reset/change of map and reset of all blueprints. Another wipe will take place after 1 or 2 weeks, depending on whether there are 4 or 5 weeks between RUST updates. This one we plan to make as soft wipe, so map reset only. That way we’ll be able to setup everything in peace (custom monuments, starting vilage, etc.) and introduce all at once.
- [NEW] SignArtist – enabled for everyone, with a file size limit of 0.5MB. To use it, look at a paintable sign and type
- [EXTENDED] LustyMap – we got kind of sick of waiting for its update on Oxide site so we decided to make some changes ourselves. As for now, we fixed how monuments are displayed, we updated their images, enabled display of caves and added (as for now, disabled) display of water wells. Apart from that, we also extended refresh time from 1 to 2 seconds – hopefully, it’ll help with memory leaks problems.
- [CHANGED] NightLantern – from now on, light will properly light themselves at noon and turn off at dusk. They were lightning up too late before and light for insufficient amount of time.
- [CHANGED] Kits – we removed all kits except for Bow & Starter kit. We also modified starting equipment so it feels more primeval.
- [CHANGED] SpawnControl – we reduced ore spawns by 50%, so now it’s x1.5 of vanilla settings, not x2.
- [CHANGED] StackSizeController – we redefined all stacking limits from scratch, reducing everything drastically compared to previous setup. In general new limits are defined as follows (with some exceptions):
- ammunition – like on vanilla,
- weapon mods – 10 pcs. / stack,
- grenades, bandages, syringes, etc. – mostly 10 pcs. / stack.
- components, most of the construction elements like sandbags, etc. – 25 pcs. / stack,
- food – 50 pcs. / stack,
- building materials and some core materials – 5000 pcs. / stack, in general x5 of vanilla settings,
- Low Grade Fuel/Crude Oil – 2500 pcs. / stack.
- [CHANGED] QuickSmelt – we restored vanilla smelting time for everything except for charcoal – smelting it generates x2 of what’s on vanilla, not x3 like it wa before.
- [CHANGED] RemoverTool – enabled support for clans. From now on, members of the same clan that are also register on the cupboard can remove each other’s structures.
- [CHANGED] RideableHorses – enabled horse invulnerability during riding. Before, horses tend to kill them selves while runing over rocks. Whether horses should ever run on rocks is a different question.
- [REMOVED] FriendlyFire – it made living in a clan too easy. We encourage you to think what you’re shooting.
- [REMOVED] GatherManager – until now, it only affected mining querries – they now mine resources at the same speed and in the same amount as on vanilla.
- [REMOVED] MagicLoot – scrap amount is now the same as on vanilla.
Soft wipe will take place on Friday, 16th of March. We’ll try to add starter village along with it.
Full wipe is scheduled for 5th of April.
We invite you to join our Discord – there are over 38 of us now and we’re still growing . ? The more of us, the better the community is.
Stay tuned – and as always, enjoy the game!