Last two months were a really tough period where we barely had any time to work on the server. Considering that the state of the RustyRock at the end of March was not satisfactory, we saw no point in relaunching it as-is.
We spent most of the April fixing things, testing Quality of Life mods and updating ServerInfo panel to provide actual helpful in-game info, especially mods manual.
RUST update was released at the 3rd of May, bringing the new Compound Monument and diving to the game.
RustyRock just wiped – map seed was changed, BluePrints were reset. After some considerations, we also decided to reset ZLevels – probably one final time. The reason is that because of the relaunch delay, several server changes and different approach to promotion, we simply want to start completely fresh and give everyone equal chances.
Here’s a detailed summary of what’s changed!
Server config changes
- Reduced spawn chance of scientists near scrap piles from 25% to 15%, reduced their max amount spawned from 50 to 25.
- Reduced map size from 4500 to 4000.
- Increased slot numbers from 100 to 200.
We’ve added EasyVote plugin integration that allows us to reward players for voting for RustyRock on RUST servers listing websites (currently only rust-servers.net).
Along with the integration, we had to rework plugin access. What it means is that from now on some plugins require you to vote at least once per wipe to become available for you to use. Voting is a quick and simple process that helps us gain popularity – which benefits everyone.
- [NEW] EasyVote – a plugin that grants players rewards by voting for our server on RUST servers listing websites.
- [NEW] FancyDrop – a plugin to control AirDrops. Cargo plane will now deliver an airdrop every 3 hours.
- [NEW] Tipster – replaced old notifications plugin. Tipster does pretty much the same, only better. It also provides additional commands, eg.
/pluginlist, that shows all of the important active plugins.
- [NEW] WorldShops – a plugin that allows us to create automatically restockable shops in our custom monuments.
- [CHANGED] InfoPanel – complete visual revamp, removed unnecessary elements.
- [CHANGED] LustyMap – added custom map image, minor fixes to minimap, removed duplicated compass.
- [CHANGED] QuickSmelt – charcoal generation set to x1.5 rate (was x2.0), reenabled overcooking (prevention no longer supported by plugin).
- [CHANGED] RulesGUI – we completely redesigned welcome screen that presents server rules summary.
- [CHANGED] ServerInfo – we completely redesigned server info panel (opened via
/infochat command). It now contains the latest news, server description, information about the map and its markers, basic commands and mods manual that consists of descriptions and command lists for all gameplay related mods that we use.
- [CHANGED] SpawnControl – junkpiles in water x2, large deciduous forest density x1.5.
We’ve also updated all chat colors to be consistent with each other and with server’s branding.
We’ve added custom LustyMap map markers that from now on will be used to mark locations of custom monuments. At the time being, there are five of them:
- Havens are basically small towns or compounds containing facilities and machines useful for players. They may or may not be guarded by turrets or NPCs in peacekeeper mode.
- Hostile spots are monuments always guarded by NPCs or turrets and always containing loot spawn points.
- Neutral areas are places that may contain loot and may contain NPCS (hostile, peaceful or peacekeepers) but neither of them in significant amount. They are mostly there for decorative and lore-building purposes.
- Player built monuments are unguarded places that were built by our players and that were cool enough for us to mark them and protect them from destruction. They will never contain loot spawn points and shall never contain locked doors or locked chests.
- Peaceful spots are areas/monuments guarded by indestructible turrets or (killable) NPCs in peacekeeper mode. They might contain useful facilities or machines (eg. recycler). They also might contain some low level loot spawns.
All custom monuments are always enclosed in a protected zone. Entering said zone will trigger a message saying what monument you’re approaching. Similar message is displayed when leaving the monument area.
All zones protecting the monuments enforce the following states: AutoLights, Indesctructible, NoBuild, NoDecay, NoDeploy, NoTP, NoSignUpdates, NoEntityPickup, NoCupboard. Save spots might also contain NoHeliTargeting flag. They should all be pretty self-explanatory.
Custom monuments – first samples
We’ve created two custom monuments along with their surroundings – The Rusty Town and The Rusty Bridge. We’ve also made a third monument out of one of our player’s creation – thanks, DoktorAgon!
Here are a few samples of how they look like – more screenshots will come in separate gallery posts.
The Rusty Town
The Rusty Bridge
The Happy Place (by DoktorAgon)
- Added Server details page with description of server’s vision and list of gameplay related mods.
- Added Mods manual page with detailed descriptions and command lists for all of our player-accessible mods.
- Added Vote rewards page with information on how to vote for RustyRock on RUST servers listing websites and what rewards you can get by doing just that.